The answer to that million dollar question can you choose to have a boy or girl is yes, it is possible to choose your baby’s gender but there is no guarantee you will conceive the boy or girl that you want. There are many different methods that can be used to give you a boy or a girl. There are natural ways and artificial ways that parents can use to help ensure that they are getting the gender of the child that they want. One thing that is important to remember is that some of these artificial ways can be expensive. Some people may feel that you are trying to “play God” if you use any of these methods instead of taking what God sends you. In today’s world there are couples who do not want children, some who only want one child, some who want two children, some that only want a boy, a girl, or one of each. They do not want to leave it up to God and hope that they get the boy or girl that they want.
Before deciding which method that you want to try make sure that you read about all the methods available. If you have any questions you can talk to your gynecologist to see what they recommend. You should also understand that what method worked for someone else might not work for you so it may take a while to find the right method that will give you a boy or a girl.
Can you choose to have a boy or girl using artificial methods? The answer is yes.
These methods will give you the best odds for getting a boy or girl but they can be very expensive. You need to factor in the cost of using one of these artificial methods and whether you can afford to do the procedure again if the first ones did not take or you want to try another method. There are also other factors that you need to take in to consideration if you are planning on using artificial methods to chose a boy or girl. At these gender selection clinics, or fertility clinics, you should know that not only can it be extremely expensive but it can also be time consuming. Many times going to these clinics involve staying away from home and staying in a motel, taking time off from work, the time it takes to get there and back and many more expenses. If you have insurance they may or may not pay for these procedures.
You may also have to go through many different cycles before you become pregnant. With some of these clinics that you will go to have these artificial methods done you may also have to go through a screening process and meet certain requirements. In some cases you would not be eligible to undergo these gender selection methods until you have at least one child that is the opposite gender than you want to try for. There are some clinics that have age limits. They may even require you to take hormone tests to see if you are fertile. Some of these artificial methods can include:
- Sperm sorting method—with this method the sperm is sorted into Y chromosome boy sperm and X chromosomes girl sperm. Once that is done they will use the chromosome/sperm that you choose. Then the chromosome/sperm that you have chose will be used to impregnate the woman. To do this procedure they will use human artificial insemination. The success rate of having a boy or a girl that you chose is high but it is not one hundred percent. For example, if the parents want a girl there is a twenty-four percent chance that it will be a boy and if the parents wanted it to be a boy there is a ten percent chance of it being a girl. This is the method that many parents are using to ensure that they have a little girl and not a little boy or vice versa. When having this procedure done they will use a dye to separate the sperm before fertilization along with a high-tech method that is called pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). This is the method that is used to identify the sex of the embryos that in the test tube before they are used to impregnate the woman. This can cost as much as eighteen thousand dollars per cycle. Originally this method was used as a way to avoid passing on genetic disorders to their children or having a baby born with a genetic defect.
- Pre-implantation genetic diagnoses—with this method they will collect eggs from the mother and fertilized with sperm from the father. The embryos are incubated for three days. By this time they will have grown six to ten cells each which at this time one single cell from each egg will be removed from each of the embryos to be studied. There is a complete copy of the DNA in the chromosomes in each of the cells. When they analyze this single cell it can tell the embryo’s future and answers questions such as are there any chromosomal abnormalities, is there any generic diseases the child will possibly get, and if it will grow to become a boy or a girl. The woman will then be artificially inseminated with the embryos of the sex that the parents want. This procedure costs between two thousand two hundred dollars and five thousand dollars along with the usual medication and IVF fees. On average when everything is figured in, except for the medications, it can cost you over seventeen thousand dollars each time you have this procedure done.
- Ericsson—this is a technique that is used to separate the faster swimming Y chromosome boy sperm from the slower moving X chromosome girl sperm. They separate the sperm by pouring a sperm sample into a test tube that contains a gluey layer of fluid. All of the sperm will swim down toward the bottom of the test tube. Once separated the desired gender chromosome and sperm are placed directly into the woman’s uterus using artificial insemination. This technique has been around since the 1970’s and is seventy-eight to eighty-five percent effective. With this treatment it will cost approximately six hundred dollars per insemination.
- Sex-selection kits—these kits are based on Dr. Shettles theory. Each kit contains ovulation predictor test sticks, herbal extracts, douches, and thermometer, which are all suppose to be gender specific. The ones that make these kits claim they have a ninety-six percent success rate. There are some medical experts that say the claims that the manufactures are making does not have scientific merit. With this kit you track your cycle, and two to four days before you ovulate you can have sex if you want a girl or closer to ovulation if you want a boy. All the instructions are in the kit. For a thirty day kit it cost almost two hundred dollars.
Can you choose to have a boy or girl using natural methods? The answer is yes.
When thinking of natural ways to have either a boy or girl there many factors that you can influence you to ensure that you get the gender you want. These natural methods are slower acting, cost less, but have a fairly good success rate of letting you choose to have a boy or a girl.
- Diet—this one of the biggest ways that you can influence whether you are having a boy or a girl. It is also one of the safest ways. If you want to have a girl make sure that you are only eating acidic foods because the Y chromosome boy sperm is very delicate and cannot survive in acidic places, namely your vagina and where the sperm goes in to meet the eggs. You should also make sure that you are eating a lot of vegetables and fruits. If you want to have a boy you need to make sure that your pH level is seven and under. To know what the pH level are you can buy strips to test your pH level. You want to make sure that there is an alkaline environment to give the Y chromosome boy sperm a better chance at living and fertilizing the egg.
- O +12 method—this is a method that you should use if you want a girl. With this method the “O” means ovulation. The +12 means those twelve hours after ovulation is the right time to get pregnant and have a little girl.
- To have a baby girl stop having sex at least two days before you are suppose to ovulate and for a baby boy you should have sex as close to the day you ovulate as you can. This is a scientific method as it is based on the acidic levels of cervical and vaginal fluids.
Can you choose to have a boy or girl using folk lore? The answer is maybe.
These folk lore tidbits may make you chuckle but what do you have to loose trying them? None of them are expensive. In fact most of them do not cost you anything to try them. One thing that you need to know is that none of these folk lore tidbits, or old wives tales, have been scientifically proven to give you the baby boy or baby girl you want.
- If you want a baby boy the woman should eat lots salty food and meat. The father should specifically drink a lot of cola soft drinks
- If you want a baby girl, both the mother and father should include in their diets a lot vegetables and fish. The woman should also enjoy lots of treats.
- To conceive a boy naturally you should use the rear end position or stand up when you have sex. Make sure that you lie down for a while after having sex,
- To conceive a girl naturally you should have sex with the woman on top or the missionary position
- If you want to have a baby boy enjoy sex at night during a quarter moon.
- If you want to have a baby girl enjoy sex in the afternoon during a full moon.
- For a baby boy have sex on odd days and even days to have a baby girl.
- If you are a woman look at the Ancient Chinese Birth Chart, which will show you what you should expect to have according to the month of conception and your age. It can also show you, depending on your age, whether you are most likely to have a baby girl or baby boy.
- For a girl you should put a pink ribbon under your pillow and a wooden spoon under your bed.
- For a boy your husband should wear his socks during sex.
The answer to the question can you choose to have a boy or girl the answer is yes. You can use the expensive artificial ones, the natural methods, and there may even be a folk lore method that will give you that baby boy or baby girl.